(or implanon and bar)*
What is the implant?
The implant is a small, 40mm flexible bar inserted under the skin of the upper arm. It releases the hormone progestrogen.
How effective is it?
- Your fertility returns to normal after it is removed.
- It’s a quick, easy procedure.
- You can have the area numbed so you don’t feel any pain when it is put in.
- You don’t have to think about it every day.
- It can help with heavy periods.
- This is a long term option that can work for 3 years. However it can be taken out before that.
- It takes a small procedure to fit and remove it.
- It doesn’t protect against Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Your periods might change to become lighter or heavier.