Continuing the Pregnancy
You have decided to continue with the pregnancy you need to start your antenatal care (care during pregnancy), whether you are planning to keep the baby or to have it adopted.
To start your antenatal care you can visit either your General Practice or register with one.
As part of antenatal care, the doctor or midwife can discuss with you: -
- Healthy eating and exercise
- Taking folic acid
- Stopping smoking
- Cutting out, or down, alcohol
- Stopping recreational drug use
- Whether any medicines you are taking are unsafe during pregnancy
- Getting advice and test for Sexually Transmitted Infections.
If you have a medical condition, such as epilepsy or diabetes, talk to your doctor or midwife as soon as possible, because you may need special care.